Friday 7 October 2011

The Drop Off


When I got a job as a courier I thought all my birthdays had come at once!. Just sit in the van with the radio and the heater on, and drive from A to B. What could be easier?. That my friend is where Silvio made his first mistake. You see normally parcels that are getting delivered to someone have the correct name and address on them, but not my parcels. My f@%king parcels never had the right address or the right contact number for the person they were going too, which meant that Silvio drove around Ireland like a gobshite, paying for his own diesel, while he tried to find people using telepathy. Eventually the parcels did get delivered, which owed more to my powers of detection, than anything to do with the efforts of the courier company. After three days of touring the country against my will, I decided to deliver my notice to the boss. Luckily, he was at the address the company stated!. That was one crap job I'll never forget, nor should you!!

1 comment:

  1. I used knock around with a bunch of couriers - If you're not totally insane or aren't familiar with at least the names of 5 brands of pharmaceutical amphetamines then you probably weren't meant for the job.

    ReplyDelete